Roast Specially Selected Pork
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 60 minutes
1.5 kg Specially Selected Pork belly or loin (rind on)
6 slices bread, crumbed
100g butter, melted
2 tablespoons chopped sage
1/2 cup chopped parsley
3 spring onions, finely chopped
Sage leaves for garnish
Vegetables for serving
- Score the pork rind thinly and lay flat on a board rind side down.
- Combine the bread crumbs, melted butter, sage, parsley and spring onions in a large bowl and mix well.
- Place the seasoning into the centre of the pork and roll to enclose. Insert skewers and lace with string to secure.
- Place roast on a wire rack over a baking dish and rub surface with oil and sea salt.
- Pre-heat the oven 220¡c. Cook for 20 minutes then reduce heat to 180¡c for a further 40-50 minutes depending on the weight (allow 40 minutes per kg including seasoning).
- Test the meat for readiness by inserting a skewer. The juices that run out should be absolutely clear with no trace of pinkness.
- Allow to stand 10 minutes prior to slicing and serve with steamed or roasted vegetables.
Protein (g) 42.9
Fat (g) 47.4
Carbohydrate (g) 18.5
Protein (g) 25.7
Fat (g) 63.9
Carbohydrate (g) 10.4
Recipes courtesy of QMS – Quality Meat Scotland